As a student enrolled in a sales pre-licensing class, you should consider applying for a Student Membership with the Greater Providence Board of REALTORS®. A Student Membership will connect you with the services and support necessary to assist you in preparing to sit for the state’s real estate exam and your new career. A Student Membership will allow you to take advantage of exclusive tools and programs offered only by the Greater Providence Board of REALTORS® – the oldest and largest real estate Board in Rhode Island.
Student Benefits include:
- Access to our educational programs.
- Meet and Greet information sessions with experienced REALTOR® professionals.
- Government Affairs oversight. We advocate for our members and real property rights at the State House and keep you in the loop regarding legislative acts which may affect you.
- General Membership meetings for REALTORS® and Student members where you can hear about current industry trends.
- Networking events.
The Greater Providence Board of REALTORS’® mission is to ensure the professional success of its members. We are committed to the success of our future REALTOR® members also – our Student Members. Please feel free to contact the Board office at (401) 274-8383 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or require assistance.
If you would like to apply as a Student Member, please read the following Eligibility Requirements:
- Student Members shall be individuals who are seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree with a specialization or major in real estate at institutions of higher learning, and who have completed at least two years of college and at least one college level course in real estate, or those enrolled in a pre-licensing course, but are not engaged in the real estate profession on their own account or not associated with an established real estate office.
- Applicants must complete the Student Membership Application and sign its Statement of Eligibility.
- Provide a valid Government issued I.D.
- Provide 1 reference (i.e. instructor, school administrator or current REALTOR® member)
- Maintain a passing grade