(Providence, Rhode Island) – Rita Danielle Steele, the principal broker at Steele Realty Consultants International in Providence, RI, was installed as the 116th President of the Greater Providence Board of REALTORS® on Wednesday, September 14, 2022, at the Squantum Association in East Providence. She previously served as the Board’s President-Elect, Treasurer, and Corporate Secretary. She currently serves on the Board’s Finance, Nominating, REALTOR® of the Year, REALTOR® Party, and Shared Services committees. She will assume her role on October 1, 2022, as the President of the Association and its more than 2,000 members.
The following Officers were installed as well:
- President-Elect, Kevin Shepherd, of Steele Realty Consultants International in Providence
- Treasurer, Ashley Almeida, of The Mello Group, Inc. in Seekonk, MA
- Corporate Secretary, Melissa Rose Benson of RE/MAX River’s Edge in East Providence
The Greater Providence Board of REALTORS® also installed the following Directors on 9/14:
- Samantha Durand of June Realty in East Greenwich
- Ratha Kwiat of CENTURY 21 Butterman & Kryston, Inc. in Pawtucket
- Rickard Smith of HomeSmart Professionals Real Estate in Warwick
- Mike Pereira of June Realty in East Greenwich
- Aleen Weiss of Spitz-Weiss, REALTORS® in Providence
- Fabiola Brunache of Fab Living Realty in Providence
- Deborah Giannini of HomeSmart Professionals Real Estate in Warwick
- Robert Rutley of Mott & Chace Sotheby’s International Realty in Providence
- Hilda Vargas of The Hilda Vargas Group at Keller Williams Coastal in Warwick
- Brenda L. Marchwicki of Bismarc Properties, LLC in Providence
- Salvatore B. Moio of Henry W. Cooke Company in Cranston
Additionally, the Board recognized its 2022 REALTOR® of the Year Mike Pereira of June Realty in East Greenwich. The 2022 Lear Award was presented to Don Parsons of Cullinan Real Estate in Newport. This award is presented by the Greater Providence Board of REALTORS® annually to a member who has actively volunteered with the Board for the betterment of the Association and industry.
GPBOR C.A.R.E., the Greater Providence Board of REALTORS® charitable foundation also installed their Board of Directors on September 14th. The 2023 GPBOR C.A.R.E. officers and directors are: Samuel Albert of RE/MAX Innovations in Providence, President; Michael Monteiro of Williams & Stuart Real Estate in Narrangansett, Vice President; Kate Berard of The Mello Group, Inc. in Seekonk, Treasurer; Directors: Shamila Ahmed, of Steele Realty Consultants International in Providence; Agueda Del Borgo of Places and Spaces Realty, LLC in Providence; Paula Gallant of June Realty in East Greenwich; and Yolanda Nazario of HomeSmart Heritage Realty in Fall River, MA. The Foundation awarded a charitable grant of $5,000 each to Day One and the Refugee Dream Center, both located in Providence.
The Greater Providence Board of REALTORS® is a chartered member Board of the National Association of REALTORS®. It was established in 1907 and serves over 2,000 REALTORS®, Appraisers and Affiliate members throughout the Greater Providence area. Its mission is to successfully implement tools & innovative technologies in order to help cultivate leaders in their real estate communities.